Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Video #2 Reflection


I completed my video and am pretty proud of myself for how it came out. Even though it didn't come out exactly as I was hoping, it still portrays my initial vision. When I initially read the video assignment on the INQ page, I read about the hike up West Rock. I immediately thought to myself of how cool it would be to have the chance to go on a hike during a weekend when I had some free time from baseball. Little did I know, it would be probably one of the most relaxing experiences I've had since coming to school. The assignment though was to document something about Southern that is unique and distinguishes itself among other colleges. I think West Rock definitely does that. Even though I'm sure other colleges have surrounding opportunities for a student to become more in tune with nature, Southern has that opportunity right in its backyard. I thought it was amazing that all you needed to do was go in back of West Campus dorm to reach the trails for the hike up West Rock. It takes a little intuition though to find the trails because you initially won't find the trails for a good fifteen minutes after going in back of West Campus.
            When I first thought of the opportunity to go on the hike, I thought it would be a great idea to document large portions of the hike and fast-forward them for the video. The idea at first seemed like it would be really good and actually interesting to watch. When I had the footage though and came back to work on the video, I honestly didn't realize how shaky the camera would be during the hike. I thought the footage would be a little more stable than it actually was. Even though the footage didn't come out the way I necessarily expected in that sense, I still think the actual footage came out very nicely. I also really liked the way the video looked fast forwarded because you could take parts of the hike that were ten minutes and consolidate them to a minute or less. 



No comments:

Post a Comment