Friday, October 5, 2012

A little service on a friday


For this weeks campus safari I did a community service trip on behalf of the baseball program and the schools athletic department. I’m not sure if this is an acceptable campus safari but I thought I’d give it a try considering I was going to go to a workshop before I found out I had the community service trip. The trip itself wasn’t that bad, four teammates and myself made the excursion to Clinton Avenue School.
            We had the opportunity to socialize with the students, read books with them, and even play a little bingo. The kids were a lot of fun to be around and all of them thought it was pretty cool they got to be around college athletes. Especially one student who played football and had a lot of astute questions for only being a six year old.
            At first I was kind of discouraged about the fact that I was going to have to make the trip because I was honestly exhausted between the lack of sleep I got from tests I had and practices. At the end of the day though, I had a pretty good time and enjoyed some time with my teammates off the field along with performing a service to both Clinton Avenue School and Southern.            

No comments:

Post a Comment