Saturday, October 27, 2012

Journey To West Rock

Today I went on a hike for my project due next week. I went to
West Rock park and ended up going on the adventure with a fellow teammate. I asked him if he would go with me because I didn’t want to have to make the trip alone and it ended up being nice because I had some company along the way. I have never hiked a mountain or anything else for that matter so it was a first time experience. I actually had a lot of fun on the journey. I got to see some pretty amazing sites and get in touch with nature for a change. I think the best part of the entire hike was when we actually got to the top. The view was pretty amazing because you can see a fairly large portion of New, Haven itself along with the county Hamden I believe. The view at the end definitely made the entire trip worthwhile in my opinion.
            I think another great reason for going on the trip is that the assignment itself was to discover something about Southern that you never really knew. If I hadn’t read the INQ blog, I don’t think I would have ever known or even explored and opportunity such as taking a hike. I think it is very important at the end of the day to explore new things because of the fact that you may never really know what you are missing out on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment