Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pep Rally Fun


For this weeks campus safari I went to the pep rally. I kind of had to go though at the same time because the baseball team had to walk out along with the other athletic teams on campus. Overall though I had a pretty good time at the event. The night was geared towards creating a sense of school spirit among the school population. There were raffles and prizes given away throughout the night in an effort to raise money for the schools athletic programs. Some of the prizes were actually quite nice like the 32’’ HD T.V, or the brand new Xbox 360. Both individuals who hosted the event did a very good job of creating a strong sense of enthusiasm and excitement in the field house. 
      Even though I though Southern did a good job of presenting the pep rally, I feel it also could have been better. I definitely think they need to create a stronger sense of school spirit. A friend of mine that goes to Alabama went to his pep rally and said that thousands upon thousands of students come out for the event. Even though I realize Southern isn't a top tier D1 institution, I believe there could have been a better outcome of students who came to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment