Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ray & Mike's


For my fun trip I didn’t do anything on campus but ended up going off. I didn’t really have time to do any activities on campus with our teams practice schedule so I asked a friend of mine on campus if they wanted to go off campus and get food. My friend played baseball with me when I was younger for the AAU travel team The Connecticut Blaze. Luckily he is a Sophomore and has a car so we could go off. We have stayed pretty close with one another since parting ways from travel ball and playing for our respected post legions later on in our baseball careers. Unfortunately my buddy Ryan doesn’t play ball anymore because of a should injury he incurred, but he still loves the game just as much as I do.
            We ended up going to a place in Hamden called Ray & Mike’s which is a place where you can buy sandwiches. Little did I know before going there that I would eat probably one of the best subs I’ve had in my life. We sat down and talked about stories from our past going on national trips in various places around the United States and the experiences we had. A friend of ours named Sal who we played with on the team came up in conversation who is currently in the Cincinnati Reds minor league program playing for the Billings Mustangs out of Montana. We talked a little bit about Southern in general and our thoughts on the school. He also had some questions about the baseball program, which was fun to talk about.
            Overall, I’m pretty happy I contacted Ryan because I hadn’t seen him in a while and it was nice to talk. It was also nice to get off campus with a friend and experience a little bit of different scenery other than Southern.

No comments:

Post a Comment