Sunday, September 30, 2012

F.C.F. Fitness Center Fun (I made it up...)


For my Campus Safari, I decided to go to the fitness center. I've had a membership at the fitness center since coming to school though because I like to get in a good off day workout every now and then when the team doesn't have mandatory lifts, inter squads, or regular practice days… I really enjoy running and cycling ever since having my surgery so I go to the fitness center often to stay conditioned on top of what is done during practices. I like the fitness center in the student center because it is a lot more ascetically pleasing than the gym our team uses in the field house. The gym in the field house looks more like a dungeon even though we can get more of our heavy lifting done in there than we ever could in the student center. At the end of the day though a gym is a gym and is serves the purpose of creating a stronger and more athletic individual. The membership itself isn’t that bad because it only costs sixty dollars. I know I said “only” but the fact of the matter is that it costs roughly thirty dollars a month for a YMCA membership so this price doesn’t appear that steep to me.

The hours for the Gym are as follows:


Monday-Thursday 7 A.M.-10 P.M.
Friday- 7 A.M.- 8 P.M.
Saturday- 9:30 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.
Sunday- 2 P.M.- 7:00 P.M.

I am actually happy that I got to do this campus safari because I always though the gym was closed on Sundays. I normally go run on the football field track, but after seeing this, I’d rather cycle a couple of miles and just run on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment