Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Prestige WorldWide, The First Word In Entertainment" -Step Brothers


            For my video project I have decided to further investigate managing athletics and academics. Even though I’ve been a college athlete for a short period of time, I’ve really begun to understand the importance of maintaining equilibrium between both forces. There are a lot of things that go into being a student athlete because you have a lot less time throughout the day to complete work than a regular student. After your academic day, you are in practices, or the weight room.           
            I want to interview freshman athletes and upperclass athletes to see how their views differ or are similar on being a student athlete. Asking questions like, what do you struggle most with being a student athlete? Have your grades ever fallen because of athletics? Do you think, thinking about schoolwork has ever compromised your performance on the field? What advice would you give to a new student athlete about balancing athletics and academics?
            Since I have to interview faculty and staff also, I thought I might interview both of my coaches and find out what they expect out of their student athletes. I would ask them questions such as, what do you expect out of your student athletes academically? Why do you think a student athlete might prioritize athletics over academics? Are there any consequences for not achieving a certain academic standard?
            I also want to make the video entertaining but still have a serious tone to it. I want to include things that I’ve seen so far from my own team to procrastinate schoolwork. I also want to show another side of procrastination and show how you can manage your time more efficiently and get schoolwork done so that all you have to think about on the field is honing your skills and becoming a better athlete in your field of endeavor.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment