Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy Bee...


This past weeks assignment was to log our everyday activities and analyze what we find regarding time spent studying and time spent elsewhere. When I logged my first days activities I was honestly shocked about the fact that I’m moving constantly moving and almost never stop. I woke up at seven fifty that morning for breakfast and didn’t get back to west until ten fifty that night for more studying. I am pretty sure I do a good job of making sure I get my studies done along with everything else I do such as my commitment to the baseball program, physical therapy every day, and making sure I get each of my meals in. My mornings are pretty much consumed by my classes because the team needs the afternoons off for practices, intersquads, lifting. During the week I also have to fit in my study table time, which is mandatory in order to maintain my athletic eligibility.
             Even though I am so busy throughout my day, I still leave time every night for a personal study hall that goes for eight to ten o’clock p.m. The reason I do this is because I have a mandatory five hours a week of study table and after that it is all on me. I think a major reason that I leave this study hall for myself is because of the fact that at Millbrook I was required to have study hall every day of the week (even on Fridays) from eight to ten o’clock p.m. I used to complain so much about the study hall and never wanted to do it, but now that I’m in college I realize how vital it is. If I didn’t develop that important skill to sit down and grind out work, I honestly don’t know how well I would be doing right now in college.
            After looking at my log, I’ve come to realize that I honestly am not putting in more hours for personal time than both sports and studying for school. I think that is great because it keeps me on the right track, but it is sort of depressing to look at on paper. Regardless, I’m happy with where I am right now academically, athletically, and personally.

Monday-
7:50 A.M- Shower/ Get Dressed                        10:30 P.M.- Leave study table
8:30 A.M.- Conn for breakfast                        10:50 P.M.- Study more for Anthro Test
9:10 A.M.- Spanish                                                12:00 A.M.- Sleep                                   
10:10 A.M.- Spanish Lab
11:00 A.M. – Math (Out Early)
11:30 A.M.- Lunch with team
12:00 P.M.- Change for baseball
12:30 P.M.- Physical Therapy
1:30 P.M.- Suite with the team
3:00 P.M.- Captain’s practice
4:30 P.M.- Lift in Gym
5:50 P.M- Dinner at Conn with team
6:30 P.M.- Shower/ Dress
7:00 P.M- Mandatory Freshmen Athletic Meeting
7:45 P.M.- Study Table


No comments:

Post a Comment