Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Don't be shy to hand out an "A"


The assignment for this post relates to evaluating other blog posts and find several that deserve an “A.”  I don’t really think I’m in any position to be giving out grades because I by no means excel in English. My own writing can be somewhat difficult to understand at times and grammar always seems to be on my bad side. Regardless, I looked at different aspects of the blogs such as how much thought actually went into what was being written.
            One blog that I liked actually has the same title as mine on the Inquiry blogger homepage. It’s called “College Life.” I think Faith did a great job of being insightful but at the same time being simple. I personally don’t like reading things that are long winded and don’t really go anywhere. She does a good job of being blunt and direct while at the same time analyzing the topics through a critical lens. Another thing I like about the blog is the fact that she includes quotes to back up her ideas on the multitasking articles for her blog post. Citing sources is important when it comes to trying to convey a point you may have because it provides proper support towards your statement or argument.
            The second blog that I like a lot after reading is “Cooper Kean’s INQ Blog.” I like the blog a lot because after reading it I can tell how honest he is with his writing. He doesn’t really sugar coat things but tells you how it is. One post that stuck me the most is called “My Year Off.” I have a lot of respect for someone who is willing to work for their education. There are a lot of students who just go through the motions and don’t know how valuable money is when it comes to college tuition. I like Cooper’s use of language when writing his posts also, they are kind of fun to read because it is a lot more casual than other posts. When I say casual though I don’t mean there is no thought put in, but simply feels like he is talking to you directly. There is an informal sense to his writing that I appreciate when reading formal documents all the time in school.
            I believe these two blogs deserve “A’s.” Am I an excellent grader… by no means am I. I simply just looked for things that I likeed when reading.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment