Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The LAST video




For my last video project in INQ, I’m pretty happy with it. The assignment was to take something that college students have difficulty with and make a video that addresses the problem and then come up with a solution. Instead of doing a skit though I decided to make several comics and explain what they portray. The four problems I chose were healthy eating, money management, making friends, and exams. To me those seem like problems that first year students may have in college.           
            I had fun making the comics, but at the same time when I scanned them onto my computer, they didn’t come out perfect when I added them into the video. The text is somewhat difficult to read, but I think I explain the problems well enough in the video that a viewer can follow along. I always want to try something different than the norm so I thought this would be a good way to go about it. The last video I tried something different by hiking up West Rock and videoing it and that didn’t turn out the way I was necessarily hoping, but nonetheless, the thought was there.
            I think I did a pretty good job with this video by have a clear beginning and a clear ending. I know for the past videos, I was lacking in those two areas and for this video wanted to try and address that more. I also took out having music in the background with the narration because I thought it got a little overwhelming in the last two videos. Overall though I’m pretty happy with how the assignment came out. Even though I’m not a huge fan of sitting in front of a webcam and explaining the comics, It really didn’t come out that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment