Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Learning Experience


For this weeks campus safari I think I learned a lot about the school in terms of deciding a major and how to go about it. I also learned a lot of information regarding picking classes for next semester. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and have been trying to decide what I’d actually like to do when I leave college.
            I would really like to do something involving athletics. I am interested in pursuing a career that involves being in an environment where I get to work with athletes. I went to the athletic training department in search of information on how to get involved in the major and ideas for classes to take in the upcoming semester. I was told that I missed a fairly significant course because I came into the university undecided. I was advised to take a summer course that could be transferred over for the missed class along with taking anatomy and physiology one in an effort to complete a tier two course related to athletic training.
            I also learned how to obtain a course that is classified as needing department permission and who you need to contact. At first I thought you would need to contact that teacher for the course itself, but it turns out that you need to contract the department head and have approval before your pin will be accepted to sign up for the course online.
            After learning all this information, I know what I need to do in order to begin my journey in a career related to athletic training. Overall it was a pretty informative week and gives me something to talk about with my parents when discussing pursuing a career.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment