Monday, December 3, 2012

Lets break it down


            For the final project, I’ve decided to do the six hundred-word essay about how I’ve done as a student in my first semester in college and where I plan to go from here. I think the first thing that needs to be done is answer all the questions first listed on the blog for the essay. Once I’ve answered all the all the questions, I think the essay itself will be fairly easy to construct.
            The way I want to construct the essay is to begin with an introduction that lists several things I’ve done that are positive since coming to Southern, but also go through some things that I’ve struggled with. Once I have those basic ideas down in the introduction, I can use the body to explain each premise and how it has affected my college experience so far. What I want to incorporate though is the questions subtly in the text so it doesn’t seem like I’m just answering the questions one after another or to have an appearance like each paragraph is just based on a specific question.
            Even though this seems like a lot of work at first glance, I don’t feel as if it will take very long at all. I think the reason it won’t take long is because It’s all personal. It doesn’t require any research; the information is merely drawn from an analysis of you.
            I can already think of a lot of things that I’ve done well since coming to Southern, but at the same time I can think of some things that I need to work on. Not major things, but very simple things that require simple fixes. There is no worse critic though when it comes to evaluating yourself than you. You need to give yourself credit where credit is due, but at the same time understand what needs to be done to get better.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment